Monday, May 26, 2014

Background

Hello, my name is Maggie, I'm an (almost) adult American Girl collector. Here's my background, just so you can get to know me and my blog. I love writing, and have attempted several blogs- but never one about AG. But that was before I stopped collecting dolls.

Before Christmas 2006, I received an American Girl catalogue in the mail. I had just turned ten, and I had never heard of these dolls (besides the books, I had read tons of them in third grade but had never put two and two together). I flipped through the crispy, new pages and saw the Girl of the Year, Jess, and all of the Just Like You dolls. I saw the Historical dolls, and my eyes landed on Felicity Merriman. She came from the American Revolution- one of my favorite time periods, as I love history. I looked at her collection, and saw her friend Elizabeth and her carriage. Her outfits were beautiful, and I fell in love. The only thing I wanted for Christmas was her.

Flash-forward five years, and I now own fifteen dolls, including Miss Felicity. I was just starting high school, and had packed my dolls away. I had four beds, two table and chair sets, Julie's bleachers, and more. But alas, I grew out of my fantastic little dolls and grew into boyfriends and typical high school things. Looking back now, I don't regret not collecting then, because I probably wouldn't have the appreciation for my collection now.

And now it is May (almost June) 2014, and I have started my collecting once again. Well, actually, I started collecting at the beginning of April. During March, I had my boyfriend's two sisters over (who love AG) and I took out all of my dolls for them to see and play with. I realized how much I had missed my dolls, and my boyfriend encouraged me to start collecting again. And so, I took his advice and here we are today.

Currently, my dolls include Felicity, Samantha, Josefina, Julie, Elizabeth, Molly, Chrissa, Addy, Kit, Lindsey (#19; a doll I bought for my mom), Rebecca, Sonali, Emily, Kaya, Madeleine (#24; historical), Nymphadora (custom Harry Potter doll), Mary-Kate (#21), Ivy, Nellie, Ruthie, #17 (who doesn't have a name at this time), and Blaine (#45; historical).

As this is my first post, my blog is a little disoriented. Please don't judge.

-Maggie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    I'm a young adult collector who's new to AG blogging as well so it's really nice to meet you! I look forward to seeing more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete