Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Visit to the Seattle American Girl Store

Kaya and Elizabeth working on my new video and also on vacation.

First of all- sorry that I haven't been blogging. I am currently on vacation and also really busy! Second of all, I am working on a new video- the picture above got posted in Doll Diaries Sunday Showcase, which was pretty cool since I've never sent anything in before. Thirdly, a few weeks ago, my mom and I visited the American Girl Store in Seattle (really, it's about twenty minutes away in Lynnwood). As I have only been to two AG stores (Denver when I was 13 and Dallas two years ago when I wasn't collecting dolls), I was initially so ecstatic. It really was a great trip, and I got a ton of clothing and accessories that I've had my eye on for a really long time. I also got some things that were unexpected, but that's the best part about visiting the AG store. I returned a few days later to have a meet and greet with author Valerie Tripp and I got two of my books signed, which was incredibly rad. I was a bit bummed because we didn't get to eat at the bistro due to an hour long wait, but maybe another time. Lastly, I sent Josefina off to get a new head partly because her wig is out of control from when I was younger and I have never attempted a downy dunk and didn't want to. This is my first experience with the doll hospital and Josefina should be here in a week or two. So, without further ado, here is all the stuff I got! I may do a few reviews as well throughout the week, but please don't set your hopes up too high! Here we go.


AG Seattle Shirt. I also have an older version from the Denver store.

Tights set that I got for Nellie, since I bought her on eBay without tights.

Guitar set that I bought for Mary-Kate, who looks just like me and also plays guitar because I play. My mom loved this so much that she bought it for me. It includes a case, guitar, guitar strap, and two books that are really sweet inside.

The back of the case.

Rebecca's Hanukkah Outfit and Winter Coat. I try to buy each of my dolls winter and pajama sets, and I finally got Rebecca's. I love her hair ribbon and shoes, but the whole outfit is going to look so great on her and I can't wait to put it on. I don't have a picture of her winter coat, but you'll probably see it around.

 Addy's Christmas dress. This is now my favorite dress for Addy- it's so bright and cheery. I can't wait to put this on her as well.

The sash is so beautiful.

Birthstone earrings that are also versatile for my dolls in various time periods.

 Kit's School Skirt Set: although I don't associate Kit Kittredge with pink, this outfit will look lovely on Kit and more so, Ruthie.

I love the short sleeve shirt, socks, and especially hat.


I really want these shoes.

 Kit's Reporter Set has been on my wish list for a while now, and I was really happy to get it.

It comes with a pen that has Kit's name on it and several issues of The Cincinnati Register.

I was a little shocked to see that these were stickers. Definitely not AG's best effort.

If only they would bring back her typewriter.
Kit's camera. I love old cameras and this one's pretty cool- I have one that's circa WWII and it's pretty similar to Kit's.

Kit's School Set- here is a multiplication table, geography book (I LOVE doll-sized books), notebook, and report card.

 Her pencil/pen/ect. box.

It's completed with eraser, ruler, and six crayons. I love it.

Rebecca's Movie Outfit- which my mom loves.

Why didn't I bring Rebecca with me?
 The colors are so perfect.

And so is this hat.

Julie's Freaking Sound Accessories. I have wanted this set since I don't know when. My dad loves it, and I definitely am attached.

I collect records as well so that's probably why I'm so obsessed.

Kaya's Foods was definitely an awesome pick. I love everything in here and the two baskets and mat just top everything off.

Here's a close-up.

Kaya's Deerskin Dress. I have been eyeing this, and I may do a review on it sometime this week. We'll see.

Kit's Holiday Dress. Sorry for the crappy quality. I was surprised to see that the Scottie pin wasn't an actual pin but was sewed on. Hmm…no comment. 

Still cute, though.
 The three books I bought- now I have all of Rebecca and Samantha's books.

 Since I'm on vacation, I had to buy two new books (I didn't have these so that worked out).

So cool, man.
Since I want to become an author, I was seriously stoked. Valerie Tripp is really nice and she's super cool too.

Well, that's everything guys. Thanks for reading and keep an eye out for a new post!

-Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment